Employment and Internships
Ismail Center employees receive valuable experience working with adults of all ages in a comfortable fitness environment. They are involved in all aspects of center operations.
Fitness Facility Manager — Student Intern
- This position will provide hours toward student internship requirements or volunteer hours. The fitness facility manager will be trained on all administrative duties and will be responsible for daily management and supervision of the fitness center/floor. You will have the opportunity to observe fitness assessments, personal training and group exercise classes, and more responsibilities may be added as your skill set develops. You may also assist with administration in program development, staff supervision, and assistance in developing and conducting special fitness center events.
- Requirements: Junior or senior studying kinesiology, public health or nutrition science. CPR/AED and first aid certification.
- Personal trainers work individually with clients or in small group training sessions while providing exercise instruction and motivation. Trainers utilize fitness assessment results and clients’ goals to assist them in achieving their health and wellness goals.
- Requirements: Certification in ACSM, NSCA, or ACE. CPR/AED and first aid certification
Group Exercise Instructor
- Group exercise instructors teach group classes to members of the Ismail Center. Classes may include hi/lo aerobics, dance, circuit, balance, strength, yoga, pilates, flexibility training or another specialization.
- Requirements: Must have previous experience. Certification is preferred.
All Employees are required to be trained in the following:
- CPR/AED, first aid, bloodborne pathogens, business procedures, emergency procedures and use of cardio/strength equipment.