Matthews Hall 218
Assistant Professor, Department of Public Health
Associate Director for Population Health and Health Equity of Regenstrief Center for Healthcare Engineering
Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering
Areas of Expertise
- Human-centered design
- Community-based participatory research
- COVID-19 response in homeless populations
- Community Health Workers
- Cervical Cancer screening
HHS Signature Research Area(s)
- Sustainable Organizations and Thriving Communities
Department of Public Health Research Area(s)
- Women’s Health
- Health Disparities
- Community-Engaged Research
- Intervention and Implementation Science
Dr. Natalia Rodriguez is an Assistant Professor of Public Health and Biomedical Engineering at Purdue University, and Associate Director of Population Health and Health Equity at the Regenstrief Center for Healthcare Engineering. Her interdisciplinary research engages diverse communities in the design and implementation of innovative technologies to address health disparities.
- BS, Chemical Engineering, MIT, 2009
- BS, Biology, MIT, 2009
- MSE, Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania, 2013
- PhD, Biomedical Engineering, Boston University, 2016
- MPH, Global Health, Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health, 2017
Social Media Accounts
- PUBH 51000 - Foundations of Global Health
- Award for Exceptional Teaching and Instructional Support during the COVID-19 Pandemic, Purdue University - 2021
- NIH/NCI Mentored Research Scientist Career Development Award - 2019
- Principal Investigator, Community-Based Participatory Design of an HPV Rapid Diagnostic Test for Cervical Cancer Screening. National Cancer Institute (K01 CA241073). Period: 09/24/2019 - 08/31/2024
In the News
- Engaging communities to advance healthcare through human-centered design. Purdue Engineering Review. June 17, 2021.
- Purdue Public Health study focuses on COVID-19’s effect on area homeless. Purdue College of Health and Human Sciences News. April 16, 2021.
- 40 ideas: Significantly expand community health workers in central Indiana. Indiana Business Journal. January 12, 2021.