West Lafayette, IN 47905
Clinical Assistant Professor, School of Nursing
Areas of Expertise
- Health Assessment
- Medical Surgical Nursing with a focus on orthopedics and neurology
- Simulation in Nursing education
- Dementia Care
School of Nursing Research Area(s)
- Care of the Older Adult
Christi is a Clinical Assistant Professor and an ANCC board certified FNP with over 25 years of nursing experience. Upon graduating with her BSN from Purdue University she worked for 10 years as a RN and charge nurse on an acute care unit at Indiana University Medical Center, specializing in orthopedics, neurology, and urology patients. She has also worked as an occupational health nurse at Caterpillar Inc., and a school nurse at Lafayette Jefferson High School.
Throughout her nursing career she developed a love of teaching and precepting new nurses. Her goal in teaching is to assist students to develop the clinical reasoning skills necessary for a successful transition to the profession. She is thrilled to return to her alma mater so that she can share her love of nursing with future Purdue nurses.
She is currently in the Nursing PhD program at Purdue University. Her research interest is focused on dementia care.
- MSN, 2018, Purdue University
- BSN, 1995, Purdue University
- FNP, BC
- NUR 314 - Adult Health Nursing
- NUR 420 - Transition to Practice
- Dedicated Simulation Faculty -
- Jones, C. & Foli, K. J. (2018) Maturity in Adolescents with Type I Diabetes: A Concept Analysis. Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 42, 73-80.
- Personal Card -
- American Nurses Association
- Sigma Theta Tau, Delta Omicron Chapter