Professor, Department Head, Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences
Assistant Vice President for Strategic Health Research, Office of Research
Adjunct Faculty, IU School of Medicine-West Lafayette
Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering
HHS Signature Research Area(s)
- Healthy Lifestyles and Vital Longevity
Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences Research Area(s)
- Speech, Swallowing and Voice Science; Speech, Swallowing and Voice Disorders
Preeti Sivasankar is Professor and Department Head of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences (SLHS) and Assistant Vice President for Strategic Health Research in the Office of Research at Purdue University. She holds a courtesy appointment in the Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering at Purdue University, and an adjunct appointment in the Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine. She is a faculty associate in the Center on Aging and the Life Course at Purdue University.
Professor Sivasankar is a Fellow of the American Speech, Language, and Hearing Association and an Associate Fellow of the American Laryngological Association. She is past-Associate Editor and past-Editor of the American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology.
Professor Sivasankar conducts programmatic research in voice disorders and upper airway pathophysiology. Her research has been continually funded by the National Institutes of Health and has been recognized with the Purdue University College of Health and Human Sciences Career Research Achievement Award.
Professor Sivasankar is committed to mentoring graduate and undergraduate students and is a recipient of teaching awards including the SLHS Outstanding Undergraduate Instructor, and the Purdue University College of Health and Human Sciences Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Education.
Professor Sivasankar has participated in the CIC (Big 10 Alliance) Academic Leadership Program, the Big 10 Alliance Department Executive Officers Seminar, and the Executive Leadership in Academic Technology, Engineering and Science (ELATES) program. She can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PhD, Northwestern University
- Certificate of Clinical Competency in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP), American Speech Language and Hearing Association
Social Media Accounts
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- University of Southern California Race and Equity Now Series
- Purdue University Safe Zone Training
- Fellow, American Speech, Language, Hearing Association -
- Associate Fellow, American Laryngological Association -
- Career Research Award, College of HHS -
- Excellence in Undergraduate Education, College of HHS -
- Purdue University Faculty Scholar -
- Outstanding Undergraduate Instructor Award, Department of SLHS -
- Principal Investigator, Estrogenic regulation of systemic vocal fold dehydration. National Institutes of Health (R01 DC0020179). Cox (Co-PI). (2022-2027)
- Principal Investigator, Pathobiology and biomechanics of vocal fold dehydration. National Institutes of Health (R01 DC015545). Durkes (Co-PI). (2016-2021)
- For more funding, see https://www.purdue.edu/voicelab/funding/