Email: email@example.comCurriculum Vitae Selected Publications Back to Directory
Professor, Department Head, Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences
Adjunct Faculty, IU School of Medicine-West Lafayette
Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering
HHS Signature Research Area(s)
- Healthy Lifestyles and Vital Longevity
Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences Research Area(s)
- Speech, Swallowing and Voice Science; Speech, Swallowing and Voice Disorders
Preeti Sivasankar is Professor and Department Head of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences (SLHS) with courtesy appointments in the Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering, and Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (Indiana University School of Medicine-West Lafayette). Her research program focuses on voice disorders and laryngeal physiology and has been continually funded by the National Institutes of Health since 2008.
Professor Sivasankar is a Fellow of the American Speech, Language, and Hearing Association and an Associate Fellow of the American Laryngological Association. She is past Associate Editor and past Editor of the American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology.
Professor Sivasankar is active in mentoring graduate and undergraduate students and is a recipient of teaching awards including the SLHS Outstanding Undergraduate Instructor, and the Purdue University College of Health and Human Sciences (HHS) Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Education. In 2023, she received the HHS Career Research Achievement Award.
Professor Sivasankar has participated in the CIC (Big 10 Alliance) Academic Leadership program and the Executive Leadership in Academic Technology, Engineering and Science (ELATES) program. She can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PhD, Northwestern University
- Certificate of Clinical Competency in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP), American Speech Language and Hearing Association
Social Media Accounts
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- University of Southern California Race and Equity Now Series
- Purdue University Safe Zone Training
- Fellowship of the American Speech, Language, and Hearing Association -
- College Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Education -
- Purdue University Faculty Scholar -
- Principal Investigator, Estrogenic regulation of systemic vocal fold dehydration. National Institutes of Health (R01 DC0020179). Cox (Co-PI). (2022-2027)
- Principal Investigator, Pathobiology and biomechanics of vocal fold dehydration. National Institutes of Health (R01 DC015545). Durkes (Co-PI). (2016-2021)
- For more funding, see https://www.purdue.edu/voicelab/funding/