Lyles-Porter Hall, 3160
715 Clinic Drive
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences
Areas of Expertise
- Developmental Language Disorder
- Clinical Indicators of Language Disorder
Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences Research Area(s)
- Language Science; Language Disorders and Disabilities
Windi Krok is a clinical assistant professor in the department of Speech Language and Hearing Sciences. Windi has worked as teaching faculty at The George Washington University and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Her research has focused on examining how input factors enhance learning of language structures and identifying clinical indicators of language disorder. Her 11+ years of clinical work with preschool and school-aged children have highlighted the importance of clinically relevant research that leads to the development of effective evidence-based early identification and treatment techniques. Windi’s recent work on an American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation Clinical Research Grant focuses on validating an assessment tool for differentiating toddlers with transient early language delays from those at elevated risk for persistent DLD.
- PhD, 2017, Purdue University
- MS, 1997, Arizona State University
- BA, 1994, University of Michigan
- CCC-SLP (American Speech-Language-Hearing Association)
- Indiana Professional Licensing Agency
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- ASHA Faculty Development Institute
- SLHS 449 - Introduction to Clinical Practice in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- SLHS 110 - Exploring the Science and Practice of Speech, Language, and Hearing Science
- Krok, W., Norton, E. S., Buccheit, M., Harriott, E., Wakschlag, L., & Hadley, P. A. (2022). Using animated action scenes to remotely assess sentence diversity in toddlers. Topics in Language Disorders, 42(2), 156-172.
- Krok, W. & Leonard, L. B. (2018). Verb variability and morphosyntactic priming with typically developing 2-and 3-Year-olds. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, 61(12), 2996-3009.
- Leonard, L. B., Krok, W., & Wisman Weil, L. (2022). Syntactic priming and language intervention for children with grammatical deficits. In K. Messenger (Ed.), Syntactic priming in child language development: Representations, mechanisms, and applications (pp. 203-224). John Benjamins Publishing Co.
- Teaching Academy Graduate Teaching Award, Purdue University - April, 2015
- Validating the Sentence Diversity Priming Task. American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation Clinical Research Grant. Windi C. Krok (PI). Period: 12/01/2021 - 11/30/2023. Total: $50,000