Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Science Consortium
Elevating the science and conversations of DEI
The College of Health and Human Science (HHS) Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Science Consortium is a multidisciplinary research hub for scholars of DEI science and supporting members of diverse backgrounds.
The consortium’s mission is to advance the knowledge, practices and policies of DEI based on rigorous science and organizes events throughout the year to:
- Promote DEI research collaborations.
- Enhance visibility and accessibility of DEI in science.
- Equip stakeholders with state-of-the-art DEI research and implement knowledge and skills.
The DEI Science Consortium is co-directed by Franki Kung, assistant professor of industrial-organizational psychology, and Zoe Taylor, associate professor of human development and family science. Margo Monteith, HHS associate dean for diversity, equity and inclusion, serves as senior advisor.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com.
Looking to take your next giant leap with the DEISC? From events to research submissions, there are numerous ways to get involved.
- Connect with colleagues across the college by attending our speaker and panel events. Consortium events and activities are open to all Purdue faculty, staff and students. Become a member of the consortium to receive updates and event notifications.
- Sign up to be a reviewer for the annual DEISC Faculty Paper Award. This role is open to all consortium and College of Health and Human Sciences faculty.
- Contribute your research by sending us your in-press or recently published articles focused on DEI science.
Moderator: Dr. Margo Monteith
Panelists: Dr. David Rollock, Dr. Randy Hubach, Dr. Chenell Loudermill, Dr. Xiang Zhou, and Dr. Nilupa Gunaratna
Richard Lee, Distinguished McKnight University Professor, Department of Psychology, University of Minnesota
HHS Health Equity Scholars
Ronnie Wilbur, professor, Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences, Purdue University
Megha Anwer, clinical assistant professor and director of DEI, Honors College, Purdue University
Annabelle Atkin, assistant professor, Department of Human Development and Family Science, Purdue University
Azza Ahmed, associate professor, School of Nursing, Purdue University
Mary Murphey, Class of 1948 Herman B Wells Endowed Professor, Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Indiana University
DEI Science Consortium Faculty Paper Award
The HHS DEI Science Consortium (DEISC) is pleased to recognize outstanding research being conducted by Purdue HHS faculty and DEISC members. The award recognizes outstanding research focused on underrepresented, minoritized or stigmatized groups or that is relevant to DEI in health and human sciences disciplines. Nominations (either self or peer) are required for award consideration. All nominated articles will be evaluated by a panel of reviewers selected from across the college. The award recipient (first author) will receive $500 and will be invited to present a talk for the DEISC.
2022-23 Award Winner
Thekla Morgenroth, assistant professor of psychological sciences